[SOLVED] PC no longer receives power

atlasgaming20

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
This issue started last week. Before bed I would always shut off to my PC, but this time I accidentally put it into hibernate. So I figured I'd wait and let it finish then I'd turn my pc back on to shut it down, but before it could finish I accidentally pressed my power button while trying to unplug my USB, which turned my PC off completely and now I'm not getting any power to it at all. I've tried turning off the PSU and turning it back on and got no results. Unplugging the PSU cable and holding the power button for 30sec didn't work either. I waited a few hours and went to sleep, and when I woke up it was suddenly working. After a week, this morning when I woke up it happened again and my computer was getting no power at all, is there anyway to fix this?

This issue started last week. Before bed I would always shut off to my PC, but this time I accidentally put it into hibernate. So I figured I'd wait and let it finish then I'd turn my pc back on to shut it down, but before it could finish I accidentally pressed my power button while trying to unplug my USB, which turned my PC off completely and now I'm not getting any power to it at all. I've tried turning off the PSU and turning it back on and got no results. Unplugging the PSU cable and holding the power button for 30sec didn't work either. I waited a few hours and went to sleep, and when I woke up it was suddenly working. After a week, this morning when I woke up it happened again and my computer was getting no power at all, is there anyway to fix this?
Computer specs?

Power cycle the whole pc unplugg the psu remove the gpu and ram then remove the watch type battery from your mobo hold the power button on the case for 30s x2 times. Then reseat the battery,then ram making sure they are in they same channles you pulled them from nice and snuggly..., then reseat the gpu after everything is reseated and pc is reassembled plug psu back in and try powering on pc you will need to reset how you had you bios.

atlasgaming20

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
Power cycle the whole pc unplugg the psu remove the gpu and ram then remove the watch type battery from your mobo hold the power button on the case for 30s x2 times. Then reseat the battery,then ram making sure they are in they same channles you pulled them from nice and snuggly..., then reseat the gpu after everything is reseated and pc is reassembled plug psu back in and try powering on pc you will need to reset how you had you bios.
Alright thank you, give me a few minutes.

atlasgaming20

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
Sorry for the late response, I was eating at the time. I don't know how to remove the cmos battery, there seems to be something blocking it but I can't pull it out.

atlasgaming20

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
So I did this and still no power at all.

atlasgaming20

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
I will check to see if I have a psu test jumper, I don't exactly remember if I got one with my psu but it's worth a check
If you have it unplugg the 24pin power from your mobo and plug your psu into a outlet then take the 24 pin jumper and plug it into the 24pin wire if the psu turns on it not the psu it's your mobo.
Ps the only way to turn off the psu at this point is the switch on the back or unplug it

atlasgaming20

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
If you have it unplugg the 24pin power from your mobo and plug your psu into a outlet then take the 24 pin jumper and plug it into the 24pin wire if the psu turns on it not the psu it's your mobo.
Ps the only way to turn off the psu at this point is the switch on the back or unplug it
Alright, I do have one so give me a little bit, do I also need to unplug everything else on my mobo connected to my PSU? or can I leave it all in

atlasgaming20

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
I jump started it and the PSU turned on.