[SOLVED] PC no longer receives power

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

atlasgaming20

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
This issue started last week. Before bed I would always shut off to my PC, but this time I accidentally put it into hibernate. So I figured I'd wait and let it finish then I'd turn my pc back on to shut it down, but before it could finish I accidentally pressed my power button while trying to unplug my USB, which turned my PC off completely and now I'm not getting any power to it at all. I've tried turning off the PSU and turning it back on and got no results. Unplugging the PSU cable and holding the power button for 30sec didn't work either. I waited a few hours and went to sleep, and when I woke up it was suddenly working. After a week, this morning when I woke up it happened again and my computer was getting no power at all, is there anyway to fix this?

atlasgaming20

Honorable
Jan 13, 2018
Just woke up, but I had a sudden but dumb realization. Would it be possible that my cmos battery is dead..? I don't know much about them but it's just a theory I have.. would a dead battery prevent my PC from booting..?

Last edited:
Just woke up, but I had a sudden but dumb realization. Would it be possible that my cmos battery is dead..? I don't know much about them but it's just a theory I have.. would a dead battery prevent my PC from booting..?
If the cmos battery dies then it wont prevent post you will just get annoying message ever post when you powered on you pc sayi g press f1 to ignore your dead bios battery

TRENDING THREADS