Question PC no longer receiving power

Sep 19, 2021
Hey everyone, so today I went to turn on my pc as usual and nothing happened. Tried the basic troubleshooting techniques (unplug/flip power switch, ect). I haven't pulled it apart just yet, because I think it maybe a power issue. My motherboard has some basic rgb lighting and code display and those aren't lighting up or showing signs of life.

With that being said, yesterday when I went to turn it on, it did not turn on initially. I saw my go xlr mini freaking out,, normally it stays a solid blue, but instead it was flashing on and off and changing colors like crazy. I held the power button for 2 or so seconds and everything turned on like normal, I was able to do school work and play deathloop with no issue and turned off like normal just assuming it was a glitch or something.

Anyone maybe know what's going on? Maybe the power supply just went out or maybe the whole systems fried? I don't really know.

With your PC turned off (but plugged into the wall socket) and your PSU switch on, is any LED lit on your motherboard? If there is absolutely nothing lit on your motherboard, that suggests either the PSU, the wall socket, the cord from the wall socket to your PSU, or the24pin connector from your PSU to your motherboard.

Can you try your PSU on another, working, PC? Your PSU should be under warranty.

Sep 19, 2021
With your PC turned off (but plugged into the wall socket) and your PSU switch on, is any LED lit on your motherboard? If there is absolutely nothing lit on your motherboard, that suggests either the PSU, the wall socket, the cord from the wall socket to your PSU, or the24pin connector from your PSU to your motherboard.

Can you try your PSU on another, working, PC? Your PSU should be under warranty.

So it's a tad inconsistent, my motherboards lights will light up when plugged in (sometimes) and other times there's nothing.
Yesterday I tried a new cable and initially it worked (it atleast turned on) I then had to flash the bios as it refused to boot to windows, instead would go to a screen listing specs and saying it'll turn off in 15 seconds. I flashed a updated bios, got to windows and everything worked, I thought I fixed it. But today I noticed again that my go xlr was flashing again, went to go turn it on and nothing again, the motherboard lights are on (a couple rgb lights that stay on even when the computer isn't on) but nothing still.

Currently I believe it has to be the wall socket or power strip I'm using, seeing it sometimes boot leads me to believe the psu should be fine. And yes I have a extra pc I can try the psu on. I'll post an update when I do, gotta go to some classes first then I'll work on it.

Reactions: rickypicky5
Sep 19, 2021
Hi everyone, alright so it's working rn. I am not certain as to what I did. I pulled everything out (cpu, gpu, fans, cables, etc)
And plugged it all back in and bam, it's online. I'm not certain what happened or if it'll happen tomorrow (since two days ago it worked fine then died again). My guess is somehow a internal cable got loose, just enough so it could start sometimes and work but other times not. I'll repost in here if anything strange happens again. I appreciate the help though. Hopefully the end of a headache and if you find yourself with a similar issue, maybe this will work for you!