PC no Longer will Power on

Hawx541

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
(Keep in mind, I am posting this to help my friend, who is having these problems, not for myself, although I will be telling this as if I was him.)

A few days ago, I got my motherboard in the mail, as I was going to upgrade my old AM2 mobo to Skylake and get my friend's year old i3. Got it, everything powered on normal and fine. A couple days later, I was cleaning my room and had to move my PC off my desk to clean that spot. Unplugged everything appropriately, finished cleaning, and then put it back on my desk.
This is when the first problem came up:

Upon powering up PC, display would show nothing,(keep in mind I am using integrated graphics).There was a red light on my motherboard too.
I asked my friend who was somewhat knowledgeable computers, and I tried all of the following things.

New monitor,
New display cord,
Switching ram slots,
Making sure thermal paste hasn't leaked over,

Nothing worked, I came back the next day, found the red light was under the CPU, so I took out the CPU, looked it over, put it back in the same way it was. Now, it won't turn on. Anybody have any ideas?

UPDATE: It powered on, but CPU red light is still on, nothing showing up on display. I have an LED on my mouse, and it isn't lighting up if that's of any help.

Solution
check all power cables are plug in all the way (all the devices on the inside)

check that there is nothing loose in the case.(like a screw or something like that fell in it when you were building it)

worst case is to take it all apart and sit the motherboard on a non conductive surface. with just the cpu/1 stick of ram installed and see if it will turn on.
check all power cables are plug in all the way (all the devices on the inside)

check that there is nothing loose in the case.(like a screw or something like that fell in it when you were building it)

worst case is to take it all apart and sit the motherboard on a non conductive surface. with just the cpu/1 stick of ram installed and see if it will turn on.

Solution