Question Pc no post

Jul 2, 2022
Pc No Post

Pc not posting

I started my pc build earlier this week and was not able to get it to install windows. After taking it to get a diagnostics check they discovered that it was either the cpu or the motherboard and the one dimm slot closed to the cpu wasn’t working.

They were not able to test the cpu so they highly suggested it was the motherboard because with one stick in they were able to install and run windows 11 and download apps.

After taking their advice i ordered a new motherboard that has come in today. I hooked everything up and am now getting an orange/yellow Qled light. This is indicating the dram is not cooperating or working. After unplugging an replugging everything in still get this orange/yellow light. I have no tried reinstalling the cpu though.

The ram has been known to work so i don’t think it is the ram. Any suggestions are great.

Do any of you think it’s the cpu and if it is why? Or is it just my luck my motherboard is broken again.

My specs are listed as follows:
CPU: i7 12700k
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix b660i gaming Wi-Fi
Ram: Corsair Vengence 5200 32gig
Ssd: 970 Evo plus

If you need or want more specs just let me know!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and the cooler used to cool the processor as well as the discrete GPU, if you're working with one. Also, if you took it into a shop, why didn't they test out the CPU and test it out on a motherboard in their hands? They could've done so physically in a couple of minutes.

Got a link to the ram kit used? It's a god idea to breadboard the innards sans the discrete GPU(if you have one that is) and see if you can work with only one stick of ram. You can leave out the SSD or any storage drives at this point.

Make and model of your older motherboard?

Jul 2, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and the cooler used to cool the processor. Also, if you took it into a shop, why didn't they test out the CPU and test it out on a motherboard in their hands? They could've done so physically in a couple of minutes.

Got a link to the ram kit used?
The power supply is a Evga super nova 850w and the aio is the ek basic aio 240.
They couldn’t test the motherboard or cpu because they didn’t have any 12th gen boards or chips to test. I know i was pissed.
and here’s a link: CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5200 (PC5-41600) C40 1.25V - Black https://a.co/d/2EdvPKe

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS