PC no video, but boots to windows succesfully (can hear it)

rpigmon

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014
Last night I was playing SWTOR when my pc suddenly shut itself off as if I had pushed the power button. I immediately tried to power it back on but when I pressed the power button the internal leds and fans would light up/start for a sec then it would go dead again. So I checked my power cords to the house outlets and unplugged them and replugged them in. After that the PC turns on and stays on successfully but I get no video output to the monitor can't see anything. I can hear windows boot successfully but no video even during the boot process. Normally I am connected via hdmi but I also have a dvi and vga conn hooked up that I use for troubleshooting. All of the connections HDMI, DVI, and VGA fail to show any video. Since its all 3 I am thinking its the video card but it seems kind of strange that it would fail so suddenly. The only thing I can think of is that it overheated but I do have a liquid cooling system in that still seems to be doing an effective job at keeping it cool although I haven't used any application to monitor temps so I am just guessing. I am using an EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 video card. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rpigmon

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014
More info... No hardware or software installation.

Never had any serious problems prior to this. Was working fine up until last night. No major changes or occurences prior to the shutdown,.

System is a gamer paladin D817 from ibuypower.

Running..
CPU - intel i7 2600k processor 3.4 ghz
Motherboard - ASUS p8p67 pro <REV 3.0> intel p67/u3s6
RAM- 8 gb ram - 4x corsair 2gb 1600
CPU cooler- Asetek 550LC Liquid cooling 120mm system
also 2x T.B.silence 10mm silent fans with blue led
Video card- Evga gtx570 1280 mb superclocked
Power supply- Apex 800w PSU
Hard rive - hitachi 2 tb sata-3 64 mb
Operating system- Windows 7 64 bit
Case -Azza Spartan 102E Mid tower gaming case.
Sound card - creative Audigy se sound card
Network card -killer 2100 gaming network card PCIe/rj45

I have tried restarting, blowing out any dust with compressed air, and letting the system cool for a few hours. Still no improvements.