Question PC noob looking for the pros.

May 1, 2019
Okay guys, so long story short here is my setup
Cpu- intel core i7-3770 @3.40 ghz
Evga 1070ti
motherboard -Intel Joshua - H61uATX
Hyper Evo 212 Fan
2 (4gb) Corsair Venegence memory at 1330.

So Im having a hard time diagnosing my problem of this random crashing. I will be as clear and detailed as I can be explaining this although its tricky.

So when I play fortnite (even at lowest settings, and ive tweaked settings to see if it helps... doesnt) I keep getting a complete PC freeze, however i can still hear my team-mates audio. On top of that, if I let the computer run for another 30 secs i will normally come out of the freeze, just to re-freeze right away. When i say freeze, i mean I CANNOT CTRL+ALT+DELETE, or anything it seems my entire computer is crashing. Here is where it gets odd.....
I thought for sure something was overheating so I started running MSI afterburner, and my heat is relatively low (58.C was my highest temp).
I thought okay i must have a bad graphics card which i hate to say but its only a year old so i still cant come to terms with that..... well that kind of went out the window when i was browsing the web, with pretty much nothing running. and that complete PC lock up happened again where I couldnt CTRL+ALT+DELETE to task manager. So im starting to think its my motherboard but I would love to hear if anyone else has expereinced this or has any idea of what could be happening.

(Note:) Sometimes like right now, my computer is running fine, i just played fortnite for 3 hours with no problem.... and I havent froze, however somedays i will freeze me out within 3 seconds in the game. Im just utterly lost and confused as to how to diagnose this. I just installed new ram, so thats out the window. Im thinking bad motherboard or my CPU is going rogue??? any help is appreciated. thank you guys CHEERs!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You didn't mention a power supply. You would have had to upgrade that for a 1070Ti surely. If not, the problem might be an overheating/overloaded power supply, or one that is simply poor quality. That also doesn't rule out dirty power, when in doubt, take the system to another room/circuit and try it there. Try different surge suppressors/power strips, etc, to rule out incoming power. And unplug everything you don't need.

Might try running MemTestx86 to see if the memory is good. Or try removing one stick and seeing how it does. (Now might be a good time to go out and buy a 2x8GB kit used as well, more never hurts)

OEM motherboards aren't known for quality and a lot of heavy gaming sessions running an i7 might not be the greatest thing ever. Something like HWInfo64 should give you chipset and VRM temperatures. VRMs are typically good to over 100C, but they really shouldn't get there if properly cooled.

May 1, 2019
Problem Fixed : I think the motherboard was getting old. Bought a used one with the same chip socket (1155) and upgraded my fan. No more problems. Thanks for the help.