Question PC not able to turn on 90% of the time.

May 16, 2020
I have had this problem for 2 years now and I don't know what to do.
I have scoured the internet for anything helpful and tried all the steps I found.
I've even bought a new harddisk, which turns out was not the issue. I just tried to install a new PSU today and that seemed to work on the workbench BUT when I mounted it into my PC case then it would't even turn on, which is new(usually it would atleast light up). Anyway I unmounted it again and tried on the workbench again but now it's in the same ol' perpetual hell of not being able to boot - meaning it doesn't even show the boot screen, just black screen. Everything else seems to be working, the LEDs on my keyboard and such, but alas.. nothing happens.

As I said I am now in the process of powering it off and on until it boots at some point, which can take anywhere between 5-30 tries usually(I am on the 15th attempt already) - it feels completely like luck when a boot happens and it can't be because of loose connections because it will do this non-boot thing regardless of if I move anything or not.

PLEASE HELP ME!
This frustrates the ever loving **** outta me.

Last edited:
May 16, 2020
The PSU sadly wasn't the issue. But here are my specs:

CPU: Amd fx 8350
GPU: MSI 1050ti 4GB
MOBO: MSI 970 Gaming
RAM: (2x4GB)Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz
Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V Ver.2
SSD: Western Digital Green 240GB
Previous PSU: Corsair GS600 600w
Current PSU: EVGA 650BQ 650w

May 16, 2020
Some fixes I've tried:

Reset bios by taking out the mobo battery for 20mins and inserting it again.

Changed mobo battery.

Completely reinstalled my sytem on a brand new SSD.

Changed PSU.

Unplugged everything and plugged everything in again both by laying the motherboard on a piece of cardboard and also by installing it into my case.

None of which has given me a stable boot.
I have also tried many different fixes on online forums, to no avail either.
(PC is currently on a piece of cardboard and I have tried turning it on and off for 40+ times now, no boots yet, just black screen)

Last edited: