[SOLVED] Pc not as good as before, cheap fix or new build?

Aug 8, 2020
First-time poster

First off, here's my current build.
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/KingKryptiic/saved/kkBmrH

So I built my pc probably around 2015 I believe, and it used to run so good. I know good things come to an end but is it really it's time already?
Th issue I'm having is that it's not running that smooth anymore and can't run games on the optimal setting through the geforce experience anymore. I used to be able to play Skyrim on High settings but now I have trouble even trying to play Minecraft. I don't know if using the Geforce experience as a good reference or not because it says I can play Valorant on High settings but that's not the case. Whenever I play a game I usually have to turn all the setting down to low and play in window mode.
The main thing that bothers me is the multiple videos on YouTube that are using my same cpu and gpu can run games like gta v perfectly fine but my build can't even load in the cutscenes.

So my question is, is this a cheap easy fix or is it time I should finally start looking to build a new?

P.s: Yes my drivers are up to date as of posting this.

Solution
So I don't personally know how to read this correctly but:
Under the motherboard-temp-CPU it shows 33.5c under value and min but under max it shows 34c

Now under the Cpu-temp-package it shows value bouncing between 33-35c, min at 32c and max at 36c.
As for overclocking I've never done that in fear of shorting the lifespan or messing something up.

And as for updating windows, unfortunately yes I've done that..

You need to test the system under load not at idle. Run a benchmark like 3DMark and see how your results are compared to other tests of the same video card, or PassMark.
What might have changed since all was well?
Perhaps a windows update has altered something.
There is no real reason for a pc to slow down while aging.
Possibly you could have accumulated dust in your cpu cooler or graphics card.
Your parts look very reasonable.

Have you overclocked your 4690K?

What is your cpu temperature at idle?
If it is much more than 10-15c. over ambient, you may have a cooling and throttling issue.
Run HWmonitor.
If you see a max cpu temperature of 100c. you are likely heat throttling.

Reactions: Kryptiic
Aug 8, 2020
What might have changed since all was well?
Perhaps a windows update has altered something.
There is no real reason for a pc to slow down while aging.
Possibly you could have accumulated dust in your cpu cooler or graphics card.
Your parts look very reasonable.

Have you overclocked your 4690K?

What is your cpu temperature at idle?
If it is much more than 10-15c. over ambient, you may have a cooling and throttling issue.
Run HWmonitor.
If you see a max cpu temperature of 100c. you are likely heat throttling.
Under the motherboard-temp-CPU it shows 33.5c under value and min but under max it shows 34c

Now under the Cpu-temp-package it shows value bouncing between 33-35c, min at 32c and max at 36c.
As for overclocking I've never done that in fear of shorting the lifespan or messing something up.

You need to test the system under load not at idle. Run a benchmark like 3DMark and see how your results are compared to other tests of the same video card, or PassMark.

Solution