[SOLVED] PC not being able to turn on

Kimber Ker

Commendable
May 13, 2020
Hi, I have disconnected all of the cables from my power supply and tried turning on the power supply by using a pin connect the Pin4 and Pin5 of the connector and the fan started spinning. Then, I connected the rest of my cables, one by one such as the Graphics Card and it worked, then my CD drive and it worked but when i connected my Hard Disk, it does not able to turn on. Does it mean my hard disk is spoiled and I cant use it anymore? Also, when I connect the Power Supply connector to my motherboard without connecting my hard disk, it does not turn on. Does it also mean my motherboard is spoiled?

If so, what motherboard should I get?

This is my specs:

Intel i7-4790(1150)

MSI H97 GAMING 3

G Skill Ripjaws-X 12800/1600MHZ CL9 8GBX2(16GB)

W.D 1TB BLUE 64MB 3.5" SATA3 HHD

MSI GTX 760 2GB TWUB FROZR O.C PCI-E

Thermal Take Smart SE 730W Bronze PSU

CoolerMaster 431 Plus Casing

Samsung CD Reader

Solution
you need cpu with gpu and ram with drive to have full boot reader is optionnal so see if you could test system with another psu and check board for any led that prove she receive power that is in the board booklet .

Kimber Ker

Commendable
May 13, 2020
unplug the cd reader from system then plug in board and gpu with hdd and try boot .
I have unplugged the CD Reader and connected the HDD and the connector of the power supply to the motherboard, but it does not turn on. Then I remove the connector from the motherboard and connect it with a pin at Pin4 and Pin5, it still doesnt turn on.