PC not booting after buzzing noise

robertsaimbrown

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017
So before posting this i was on my computer like usual doing nothing out of the ordinary, i began hearing some electric buzzing noises coming from the back of the case(i assumed from the power supple cord), after a few moments my computer shuts down i thought the power just went out(happens often here), tried rebooting, almost got to login screen before computer shuts down again, tried about 2-3 times with each reboot shutting down faster than the one before, also heard some buzzing noises from the same place. after that tried moving my power cord a bit because i thought it was loose, when moving the cord i did also hear the same buzzing noise as the one before. so after that i turned my power socket for my pc back one now i began to hear more aggressive buzzing, didn't want to try booting my PC yet was afraid it might do some harm to it. so here i am, asking for someone who might be able to help me, or at least identify the problem.

Solution
It would be best to have PSU professionally tested or replaced by known good one. It's only component that can cause noises like that and it can be dangerous for rest of parts and even user.