Question PC not booting after normal shutdown

Aug 20, 2021
Yesterday I was playing some games, turned off my pc went to sleep, woke up tried to turn on the pc nothing. Absolutely nothing fans don't try to spin or anything.
I tried clearing the cmos, removing all external devices.
My motherboard : ASUS P8H61 Pro, on the mobo theres a green power led when it has power and works normally the led glows. But now its flashing constantly while psu is on. It never stops.
My psu:CoolerMaster RS 460
I did the paperclip psu test, psu and pc fan work normally. Psu emits some wierd sparking noise constantly, the pc fan when turned up to max goes wee ww wee ww it sounds like its working normally but not getting power properly.
I'm not 100% sure whats the issue there was no reason it would go bad suddenly.
There might be one, I overclocked my gpu that day. My PSU is supposed to have 460 watts tho on the case it says max output 377w
My gpu: GTX 660Ti Evga Ftw
Cpu: Intel core I5-2400 boost enabled
My power consumption is about 370 maybe overclocking <Mod Edit> it up. I almost never overclock, only ran a few tests to test the limits so the oc was safe. Didn't run it oc'd for too long around 1 hour.
I'm not sure what exactly happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I was playing some games, turned off my pc went to sleep, woke up tried to turn on the pc nothing. Absolutely nothing fans don't try to spin or anything.
I tried clearing the cmos, removing all external devices.
My motherboard : ASUS P8H61 Pro, on the mobo theres a green power led when it has power and works normally the led glows. But now its flashing constantly while psu is on. It never stops.
My psu:CoolerMaster RS 460
I did the paperclip psu test, psu and pc fan work normally. Psu emits some wierd sparking noise constantly, the pc fan when turned up to max goes wee ww wee ww it sounds like its working normally but not getting power properly.
I'm not 100% sure whats the issue there was no reason it would go bad suddenly.
There might be one, I overclocked my gpu that day. My PSU is supposed to have 460 watts tho on the case it says max output 377w
My gpu: GTX 660Ti Evga Ftw
Cpu: Intel core I5-2400 boost enabled
My power consumption is about 370 maybe overclocking <Mod Edit> it up. I almost never overclock, only ran a few tests to test the limits so the oc was safe. Didn't run it oc'd for too long around 1 hour.
I'm not sure what exactly happened.
It's not always about the power consumption reaching max, but the better the psu, the better the psu on delivering power.