Question Pc not booting after reinstalling thermal paste

Aug 23, 2020
So I decided to replace my thermal paste on my cpu because I have had my computer for around 3 years, but after replacing it, my computer will no longer start.
When I plug my computer in and flip the on/off switch to on, the motherboard and gpu both light up like they are supposed to, but when I press the power button, nothing happens. No beeps, no lights, nothing.
I tried taking out the gpu and putting it back in but nothing changed, I tried unplugging the power button connection and plugging it back in, nothing. I tried the thing where you take out the battery on the motherboard and put it back, and I tried clearing the cmos. The only thing that has done anything is when I tried reseating the ram, I accidentally forgot to unplug my computer while doing this but when I put the ram back in the computer started for around 1 second, and then shut back down. Can anyone help me?

USAFRet

Titan
Could you give some examples of what I might need to check?
ALL the connections. ALL the cables.
Don't just look...touch and verify.

However, this:
"The only thing that has done anything is when I tried reseating the ram, I accidentally forgot to unplug my computer while doing this but when I put the ram back in the computer started for around 1 second, and then shut back down. "

Did you do this while the PC was sort of ON?

Aug 23, 2020
ALL the connections. ALL the cables.
Don't just look...touch and verify.

However, this:
"The only thing that has done anything is when I tried reseating the ram, I accidentally forgot to unplug my computer while doing this but when I put the ram back in the computer started for around 1 second, and then shut back down. "

Did you do this while the PC was sort of ON?
When I did that the power switch was turned on, but I didn’t press the power button

Aug 23, 2020
When you reapplied the paste, did you remove the cpu from the socket?
Was there any residual paste that might have seeped into the socket?
Any time you work on the pc, you should not only turn the psu off, but also unplug it.
I did not remove the cpu from the socket and the paste was only on top of the cpu when I took off the cooler, and I also did have the pc unplugged while working on it, it was just after seeing that it wasn’t turning on when I forgot to unplug it while taking out and putting back in the ram