[SOLVED] PC not booting after switching GPU

Jul 16, 2020
So my PC was working fine with my old, bad gpu, and I switch to a newer, better one. The perk was that my PSU didn,t have a 8pin cable, so I decided to purchase a 2 Molex to 8pin adaptor, and since I plugged it in, the pc hasnt booted, even though all the PC components show a positive tiny light... I really dont know what to do
SPECS:
Intel Core i5-4460S
Nvidia GeForce GT620 1Gb, and switching to a AMD Radeon RX 570 4gb
Delta GPS-300JB A 300W ATX PSU Power Supply (This might be very bad, and I'm not sure, and pls If u understand about PSU's, help me choose a good one)

Its also important to say that all that happened only when I plugged the connector in, it doesnt boot (but the components lights are still on), I really hope that nothing has burned down..

Last edited:
Solution
Just a bad choice. Return it and get something better. You'll find that one in the lowest tier in this list,
high wattage doesn't equal quality.

What budget do you have for a psu? Maybe a shop where you buy ....
Jul 16, 2020
Well the RX 570 requires 300 watts ITSELF. Then take into consideration the other components and the fact that you PSU lacked the necessary connections it probably was a sign that it wasn’t meant to be. You need a new QUALITY power supply 550w or higher.
Thank you so much!! I have already diagnosed that along w a friend, and I already picked one! Still, thank you sm

Reactions: bmockeg

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Just a bad choice. Return it and get something better. You'll find that one in the lowest tier in this list,

Solution
Jul 16, 2020

Oh, Im glad you warned me, I'd say up to 50/55 euros MAX

D

Deleted member 2720853

I'm sorry but you cannot cheap out on PSU. Well, you can, but say goodbye to the rest of your parts.

Save up and go for a CX450 or CX550.