[SOLVED] PC not booting after USB short

May 9, 2020
After recently testing one of my circuits on a usb hub for my computer, I had accidentally wired a 5v wire to the usb data line. Right after I plugged the usb in unknowingly, my computer instantly shut off and now won’t boot.

I’ve tried pulling out the cmos battery and resetting the cmos switch on my MSI MEG Z390 Ace motherboard, but my pc still won’t boot. When ever the psu is unplugged and replugged or the cmos is reset, the bios flashback button flashes 3 times then turns off.

The only other lights that are on are the power button on the Mobo and the cmos reset button.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Solution
Try unplugging the PSU power cable, then press the power button a few times to discharge any electricity, then press and hold the power button for a few seconds too. I'm not sure if other cables can have an effect but you can also unplug them especially USBs just to make sure.

After that, plug it back and see if it helps.
May 9, 2020
Try unplugging the PSU power cable, then press the power button a few times to discharge any electricity, then press and hold the power button for a few seconds too. I'm not sure if other cables can have an effect but you can also unplug them especially USBs just to make sure.

After that, plug it back and see if it helps.

Solution