[SOLVED] PC not booting and motherboard speaker constant ticking

notAwaken

Prominent
May 6, 2020
So as the title says, my PC doesn't boot and doesn't display anything on my monitor. It also makes a ticking sound every 2-3 seconds from the speaker connected to the motherboard. I have no idea how to figure out what's causing the issue.

Hapy to hear it.
What I can assume is that, when manifacturing the ram sticks people have made them with the thought they have to be put in certain order to work as intended.
This is more likely if we are talking about matched pairs.

Another is a micro damage, 'exhaustion', or displacement they receive over time, and when we change order, or just remove&put 'em again, we put them in action (till mb just the next time we reorder them again).

But this is just assumptions. Nothing to be worried 'bout or something special.
I have some cases, similar to yours, though it was even different ram brands with different timings :) . The better ones just wanted to be closer to the CPU. Not 100% sure 'bout the reason.

notAwaken

Prominent
May 6, 2020
Hapy to hear it.
What I can assume is that, when manifacturing the ram sticks people have made them with the thought they have to be put in certain order to work as intended.
This is more likely if we are talking about matched pairs.

Another is a micro damage, 'exhaustion', or displacement they receive over time, and when we change order, or just remove&put 'em again, we put them in action (till mb just the next time we reorder them again).

But this is just assumptions. Nothing to be worried 'bout or something special.
I have some cases, similar to yours, though it was even different ram brands with different timings :) . The better ones just wanted to be closer to the CPU. Not 100% sure 'bout the reason.
Hmm interesting, it does still seem strange that this is even an issue. Thanks for replying & helping again.

TRENDING THREADS