[SOLVED] PC not booting anymore at all!

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
So the title explains itself: I’m getting no response. When I fire up my rig, all the leds, fans, etc. seem to work fine, but my screen just stays black...

Tried swapping my RAM with no avail. My no.1 suspect here is my Corsair VS650 PSU. It has run my pc for the last 5 years completely fine, but many people in the past told me that that that thing is the litteral equivalent of bull feces.

Anyone ideas how to fix this?

Solution
So I probably fried my mobo, somehow. Asked around on a local forum in my country, no result. Even asked my uncle the pc wizzard, with no succes. Buying an Asus ROG STRIX B360-F Gaming very soon to replace my PRIME Z270-P.
So the title explains itself: I’m getting no response. When I fire up my rig, all the leds, fans, etc. seem to work fine, but my screen just stays black...

Tried swapping my RAM with no avail. My no.1 suspect here is my Corsair VS650 PSU. It has run my pc for the last 5 years completely fine, but many people in the past told me that that that thing is the litteral equivalent of bull feces.

Anyone ideas how to fix this?
You'd get more responses if you listed your other parts.

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
Have you tried booting with just 1 stick of RAM is slot DIMM_A2?
Have you tried booting with the SSD disconnected to see if you can boot into the BIOS?
Have you tried removing the graphics card and boot using the onboard graphics?

Booting with 1 RAM stick brings me to the american megatrends screen, with two sticks nothing again. Tried toe boot without GPUearlier allready. Still have to try to boot without SSD connected.

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
CPU: intel i7-7700
RAM: TridentZ RGB 16GB 1600
Mobo: ASUS PRIME Z270-P
GPU: inno3D GeForce GTX 1060 3GB twin X2
Storage: Crucial MX 500GB / WesternDigital Blue Scorpio 320GB (currently unplugged and empty)
PSU: Corsair VS650
I also have an ASUS wificard (name unknown)

Also should note that my memoryspeed is 3000, not 1600. Just figured out after 6 years. Me stoopid...

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
Any memory speed over 2133 MHz is considered an overclock on your motherboard. Try lowering the memory to 2400 MHz to see if you can boot with 2 sticks.

Bummer. Memoryspeed seems to be put down to 2133 allready. Is the only way to make full use of my 3000 to buy a mobo that supports 3000?
(I should add that my pc ran fine with two sticks this afternoon...)