[SOLVED] Pc not booting ,but beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wishbone1

Commendable
May 23, 2021
I upgraded the PSU to an EVGA that seems to be working fine the Cpu fan is spining.
I put a new CPU in all it is doing is beeping 6 beeps:Could it be that the cpu is not seated properly?I wish i tried it with the old cpu i.Someone is taking about the cmos battery.on a utube videoI will try taking out the ram first off.How can i tell if the CPU is not seated properly?INo Signal to the monitor so cant change the bios..I have put the old cpu back in it was stoping and starting .Since then i have taking the cpu heatsink out now it is giving 4 beeps?
I just can,t believe all this i don,t think i am up for building a computer.:(
Dell Inspiron 580

Wishbone1

Commendable
May 23, 2021
ok. still need the exact cpu that you change

and I mean the link you have on the first post is for laptop
I3 550 to this
Intel Core i3-550 advantages
  • In single-threaded tasks, the i3-550 microprocessor has 9% higher performance.
  • The i3-550 features integrated HD (Westmere) graphics unit. This graphics can be used for casual gaming and 3D applications.
  • Power consumption of the Intel Core i3-550 CPU is better.
To this
Intel Core i7-860 advantages
  • In multi-threaded applications, the Intel i7-860 is 77% faster.

Wishbone1

Commendable
May 23, 2021
Thats what the guy said on that forum ,i don,t know myself as i never looked at it when it was working.And never did anything in the Bios or any of the settings.The origanal bios when the Dell came out in 2010 was A02according to there site .I don,t know how often the bios is updated.I have put the Ram back in .A Pea sized Thermal paste on the CPU ,the heatsink put back on the fan conecter was sutprisingly easyr to put on.:)weather or not it will work is another thing all tofether.If not i will have to put the old PSU back in.I got it wotking but it want work with the i7.
And two slots of Ram not working .So want be able to use Windows10 ,ofcourse i could upgrade to 4gb of ram.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.