PC not booting but fans spin for 7 seconds then restarts.

TheTreoCube

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
Hi,
I recently bought an Intel Core i5 7400 to add to my current PC build. It has a Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H motherboard, 2x4gb DDR4 ram from Corsair, a 700W PSU, and a Gigabyte GTX 1050. During the installation process of the i5, everything went smooth and I was ready to boot it and use my PC. Too my horror I discovered that my PC would not boot up or turn on. After pressing the power button I would here the fans spin for about 7-10 seconds and then the PC will completely shut down. About 1 second after it shuts down it would continue to ‘boot’ but after another 7-10 seconds, will shut down. It would be in this infinite loop forever and to stop it I would have to turn it off from the power supply. For the 7-10 seconds it’s alive, nothing shows on my monitor and the only thing I can see which is a sign of my PC working are the fans spinning. I have looked at forums online to help with the situation but most solutions do not work. I have tried booting the PC with my older processor (Intel Core i3 6100) and I get the same response as the i5. According to an online forum, it says to attempt to boot the PC with only the PSU, Motherboard and CPU inside but I still get the same result, on for 7-10 seconds, shuts down and repeats. My conclusion to this is either the motherboard or PSU is broken. Any help regarding this situation would be highly appreciated.