PC not booting CDROM (to clean install windows 8.1, old pc which has windows XP on it gets stuck on "verifying dmi pool date b

Takazorv2

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
I ve been trying to install windows 8.1 on a PC which has windows XP installed. I used the "Creat installation media" on a PC which has windows 7 on it, made an ISO and burned it to a DVD. Everytime I try to boot the CD on the other computer, it doesnt work, I don t see any options on which asks me to click "f12 f11 f10 f8 f2 etc" to boot from CD, my motherboard only tells me to click DEL to enter setup or ESC to skip mem test, although I already changed the boot priority to CDROM on 1st, but it gets stuck on "verifying dmi pool date;
boot from cd: ..." and then after few seconds, it loads windows XP again. If I try to access the windows setup which i burned to CD on the windows XP OS, it doesnt show up anything, but if I try to open the setup on a windows 7 OS it opens just fine, or boots from the CD ROM priority boot.. what must becausing this to not let me boot from CD to clean format my disc to windows 8?

specs are:

1gb ram, 2.4 ghz pentium 4 cpu. 26ish gb hdd

Solution
A few thoughts here. First of all, if you are actually using a CDrom, trying to boot from a DVD , it won't work ,you'd need a DVDrom instead. Another note: Windows 7 executables, don't read in windows XP as 'valid win32 applications', so XP won't be able to do much with them there. Now, if you PC is set to boot from cd/dvd, and the disc is in the drive, and it's not booting from it, then the cd/dvd rom drive simply isn't 'reading' the burned disc to boot from it. Try using 'winsetupfromusb', it will create a bootable flash drive, which you can use to install instead of a disc, 'provided', your BIOS allows booting from a USB device.

Furthermore, if the system is too old, win8 won't install on it anyways, due to the BIOS not having the...

Takazorv2

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013

Is is the problem which is preventing me from booting CD? The thing is it doesnt even get to the point where windows SETUP opens after booting from CD..

Ck1_13

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
A few thoughts here. First of all, if you are actually using a CDrom, trying to boot from a DVD , it won't work ,you'd need a DVDrom instead. Another note: Windows 7 executables, don't read in windows XP as 'valid win32 applications', so XP won't be able to do much with them there. Now, if you PC is set to boot from cd/dvd, and the disc is in the drive, and it's not booting from it, then the cd/dvd rom drive simply isn't 'reading' the burned disc to boot from it. Try using 'winsetupfromusb', it will create a bootable flash drive, which you can use to install instead of a disc, 'provided', your BIOS allows booting from a USB device.

Furthermore, if the system is too old, win8 won't install on it anyways, due to the BIOS not having the right options in it. Finally, you wouldn't want windows 8 on 1gb of RAM, and in fact i'd recommend a duo-core at least, single core will be slooow.

Sounds like you want the win8, but your hardware is likely not going to work. You are likely more apt to get windows 7 on it. Again, with 1gb ram will be a little slow, but useable.

Solution

Takazorv2

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013

I was kinda dumb and never thought of checking if there were problems related to drivers of the DVD/CD roms, I checked device manager and both DVD/CD roms drivers have a yellow triangle icon on them, but I suppose windows update isnt updating those since microsoft doesnt support XP anymore, I'll try to use windows update anyways and if it doesnt work I'll manually try to find the rom drivers and come back here again with information if it did work/not, thanks guys, be right back