[SOLVED] PC not booting despite having worked last month... Help?

Jakobjump

Distinguished
May 31, 2014
Hi all,

Last month I swapped which system I was using at home, meaning that I had an old system that worked just fine, took out its GPU, inserted it into another system and started using that instead.

I am now trying to boot the old system without any luck as it is not posting anything. Note that this system was built this January.

The only change I made since it worked last time was to remove the GPU, but booting it without a GPU should not be an issue? I'm trying to use the motherboards video port instead but have also tried inserting an old GPU without any luck either.

The strangest thing is that all the fans start up and lighting on the mobo comes on.

Any and all thoughts on what I can try to revive this system would be much appreciated. The specs and methods I have tried can be found below

Specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
CPU: Ryzen 3 3200G
RAM: 2x8Gb DDR4 Corsair
PSU: Kolink Core 500W Bronze
GPU: None

What I have tried:
  • Changing the ram around
  • Removing and reinserting the CMOS battery
  • Inserting an old GPU (GTX 570) and using its video port
  • Changing the storage
  • Using another video cable

Solution
Hello there,

1. Unplug the system from the wall. Take out the battery. Press the power button several times (1 time press the button and hold it at least 30 seconds). Leave the battery out for at least 5 minutes (10 minutes will be best) and then try again.

2. Another thing to try (after doing all I wrote up there) boot the system with only 1 stick of RAM.

Good luck!!!
Hello there,

1. Unplug the system from the wall. Take out the battery. Press the power button several times (1 time press the button and hold it at least 30 seconds). Leave the battery out for at least 5 minutes (10 minutes will be best) and then try again.

2. Another thing to try (after doing all I wrote up there) boot the system with only 1 stick of RAM.

Good luck!!!

Solution

Jakobjump

Distinguished
May 31, 2014
Hello there,

Good luck!!!

Thanks for the suggestions, will try and report back when I have time!

Reactions: RodroX

Jakobjump

Distinguished
May 31, 2014
Hello there,

Good luck!!!

Tried what you suggested but sadly without any luck, guessing my motherboard is damaged in some way. Thanks for the advice though!

Reactions: RodroX

TRENDING THREADS