[SOLVED] PC not booting, error message "no memory installed"

Sep 26, 2019
Like the title says, my PC is not booting. All the fans are spinning, all the lights on the motherboard are working but it's not booting up. I get no signal to the monitor and to the mouse and keyboard.

Motherboard (Asus ROG Maximus VIII Impact) is giving me an error code saying that there is "no memory installed", even though i made sure both RAM sticks are installed properly. I also tried booting with only one of two RAM sticks, which didn't change anything.

This is not a PSU issue, I tried booting with 2 different working PSUs, one of which was brand new. I also tried booting with 2 different monitors and 2 different cables, which didn't help either.

I also tried booting the system with a different motherboard, which doesnt have a device to show an error message, but it didn't boot using that motherboard either.

I don't know what to do now. Is it possible that both RAM sticks broke at the same time? (PC suddenly turned off while it was running normally)

CPU: i7 7500
Graphics card: RX 480 8G
PSU: Silentstorm SFX gold

Solution
-It's not the motherboard
-It's not the gpu

I still suspect the Silentstorm psu damaged something.
Take the ram and cpu out. Check all 3 for any physical damage - also check the cpu socket.

You might as well take it all apart and check over everything...
Sep 26, 2019
Ok, you're going to need to test a different set of memory first. Don't continue to use the Silentstorm psu, because I believe it's what led to this in the first place.
Sudden shut offs are usually psu issues.

I tried a new PSU and 2 new RAM sticks on the new motherboard now - still same issue. I'm really out of ideas.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
-Power down the PC
-Remove the plug from the back of the psu
-Discharge yourself of any static electricity - just touch any metal part of the case
-Open the case up and remove the CMOS battery
-Press and hold the case's power button for 15 seconds
-Reinsert the CMOS battery
-Reassemble and reconnect the PC, and turn it back on

If that doesn't work, I'd have to say it's the motherboard.

Sep 26, 2019
I already resetted the CMOS multiple times.
Also, its a completely new motherboard and my PC has the same exact problem with the new motherboard as it had with the old motherboard so I really can't see how it could be the motherboard...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
-It's not the motherboard
-It's not the gpu

I still suspect the Silentstorm psu damaged something.
Take the ram and cpu out. Check all 3 for any physical damage - also check the cpu socket.

You might as well take it all apart and check over everything...

Solution