Question Pc not booting into windows after bad OC

Feb 17, 2019
Hi, so basically, i pushed the memory clock too high with msi afterburner on my rtx 2060 and it crashed my pc, now whenever i power it on, my monitor turns on for a few seconds and says no signal and then the whole system turns itself off shortly after, so i need to know what solution there is here as i cannot even get to loading bios or anything, also i cannot switch to igpu because i have a ryzen cpu.
specs:
Rog strix b450-f mobo
Zotac amp rtx 2060
R5 2600

Feb 17, 2019
Thats weird... Usually if you overdo the core clock or memory clock it would remain stable until you run something, or it will go crazy.

Have you tried doing the clear cmos?
Have you tried only leaving main components, CPU, RAM, GPU without any storage device?
I have tried all those things, even popping out the cmos battery and putting it back in, im not completely sure as to what order exactly i have to do the whole reset thing with the little reset header on the mobo but i keep getting the same result every time

No, best way of clear cmos is to unplug your PSU, keep the switch on, remove the battery, and then press and hold power button for 30s to drain electricity.
Then replug the battery and plug the PSU and try again.

Are the ram sticks in slot one by another or they are in channel positioned? (you have 4 slots, 1-2-3-4 , 1-3,2-4 are ram channels, ignore if you know).

Feb 17, 2019
No, best way of clear cmos is to unplug your PSU, keep the switch on, remove the battery, and then press and hold power button for 30s to drain electricity.
Then replug the battery and plug the PSU and try again.

Are the ram sticks in slot one by another or they are in channel positioned? (you have 4 slots, 1-2-3-4 , 1-3,2-4 are ram channels, ignore if you know).
Im currently in an open air test bed, dont have front io power button, i have been shorting the power header to turn on the pc for now until i build my pc, the whole system is completely powerless when i unplug the psu, are you sure i still need to hold the short for 30 seconds while theres nothing going on?

No, i post and then i get thr over current error for usb

Overcurrent on USB, you say...?
One of your USB ports is damaged. The pins are probably mashed and grounding on the USB connector casing. When this happens the motherboard stops posting to protect itself from getting fried (hopefully). Check all your USB ports. Straighten out the pins for the one that is broken - just straighten them out so they aren't touching each other or the metal case (it doesn't have to look pretty) and NEVER try to use that port again.

Feb 17, 2019
Overcurrent can happen to older motherboards when you move the clip that has 3 pins for fan, that happened to me, also sometimes motherboard can do false positive.
Every usb port has its own fuse (if they are 2 combined, you lose them both since they are bridged).
All the rear usb ports give me the same message, even without anything plugged in it does it, i called asus and told to just rma the board which is what i think j might just do