PC Not Booting, No Display, Possible Power supply issue, please give a read

Mantilized

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
This is where it starts.
I bought my PC around a year ago, in August. It was working fine, up until last Winter, when I started to experience graphics card issues and driver Issues. My computer would crash and
Display "IRQL not less or equal." Sometimes I would get blackscreens and then my computer would come back online and display "AMD Driver stop responding and has recovered" other times it would just black screen and not turn on. I ended up just dealing with these problems because for the longest time I Could not figure out what was happening. I ran memtest, and none of my ram was faulty, apparently. My Graphics Card appeared to be fine, I reinstalled drivers, reinstalled Windows, etc.

However, a few weeks ago, I was on my computer. Normally I keep my fans at 80 precent always so my computer is always very loud. But one night, My computers screen went black and my fans went back to the normal speed of 50 precent, you know, the speed you hear when your computer is booting up. I decided, ok its just a crash. Restarted it, but this time there was no display. The screen was just black. I took of my computers case panel, and turned it back on, this is what I Found.
-My Graphics Card's fans are not spinning at all.
Even though my Graphics cards spans are not spinning, the case fans were
I also found that
-I was able to switch my computers power on, but the Power Button would NEVER shut down the computer, even If I held it for a long time, I had to manually pull the plug to turn my pc off.

So, I started troubleshooting. The first thing I did was RESET CMOS, by taking the battery out since my motherboard didn't appear to have a switch (I didn't read the manual btw.)

That didn't appear to fix my issue, So then I decided, maybe it was my graphics card.

I took my GPU Out of my pc. My Motherboard does not appear to have onboard graphics, so I got another old GPU out of my other old PC, the GEFORCE 8800 I think it was. Anyways, I Inserted that, but I got no display what so ever even with a different graphics card. Quite sad.

So, this apparently does not seem to be going well, another thing I should note you about is that my Power Supply is very quite, and appears to make no sound at all. Also, when I placed my hands over the fans of my powersupply, I feel no air being pumped. The power supply also does not vibrate like most PC Hardware does. So I considered the possibilty that maybe my Powersupply had a surge or something, and died. While it died, it fried out my GPU In the process. I have not looked at my GPU Internally for any burn marks, as I have to take it apart and that seems a bit sketchy.

Once again, sorry for so much damn text, I have always felt that the more detailed my threads are, the more likely I am to reach a good solution.
Thanks

PC SPECS:
Power Supply:
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G Power Supply - 80 PLUS Gold - 850W

Graphics Card:
AMD R9 380 4GB Edition

Motherboard:
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P

CPU:
Amd FX-8320 @ 3.5Ghz (I Have overclocked this in the past)

Ram:
HyperX (Savage?) DDR3 (2x 4gb Sticks) Clocked at 2133Mhz

Windows 10 64Bit (Upgraded from Windows 8 64Bit)

CPU Cooler:
Asetek 550lc Liquid Cooling (Quite Possibly 510lc)

Storage:
1TB Toshiba Hard Drive
128gb Kingston SSD

Computer Manufacturer:
CyberpowerPC (Bought in August of 2015)

Sorry, I am trying to remember these off my head, so Hopefully this is enough information.

Solution
Unplug all power connectors from your PSU.. PCIe, 6+2 pin, HDD molex, 12v RL etc... then firmly plug them back in. these GIGABYTE boards have a habit of pushing some of the connectors out ever so slightly, due to heat, expansion etc... make sure everything is attached firmly and try to switch on.

Mantilized

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015

How do I upload my dump files when my computer won't start?

Rusty1983

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
Unplug all power connectors from your PSU.. PCIe, 6+2 pin, HDD molex, 12v RL etc... then firmly plug them back in. these GIGABYTE boards have a habit of pushing some of the connectors out ever so slightly, due to heat, expansion etc... make sure everything is attached firmly and try to switch on.

Solution

Mantilized

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015

I have some old power suppliess down in my basement but I am not trusting them for shit. I can see what I can do about getting my hands on a different PSU to see if it works.

Mantilized

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015

Ok thanks, I will try your solution. I will give you feedback on how it went.