Question Pc not booting to BIOS

Nov 5, 2021
Hello.
A few weeks ago my Pc was unable to boot correctly and didn‘t even reach the BIOS. I went to the local repairshop and got my motherboard replaced which solved the issue up until now. I‘m now having the exact same problem again:
When I start my pc the fans start spinning and the LEDs inside turn on as well. But that‘s it. No video output, the fans don‘t slow down, nothing. Is my mainboard broken again or were the people at the repairshop wrong? I doubt it since the system worked fine for a few weeks now.
Also: The first time my pc broke it kept freezing and eventually had this issue. This time it just stopped working overnight.

Here are my specs if needed:

PSU: 850 Watt Corsair HX Series HX850 Modular 80+ Platinum
GPU: 11GB MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12x 3.80GHz So.AM4 BOX
RAM: 32GB (4x 8192MB) G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600 DIMM CL19-20-20-40 Quad Kit
Old Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING PRO AMD X470 So.AM4 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail
Motherboard after replacement by the repairshop: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX AMD AM4 DDR4 m.2 USB 3.2 Gen 2 HDMI ATX Gaming Motherboard
SSD:1000GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2

I guess nobody wondered WHY the motherboard was broken and where is the damage.
My guess is that PSU might be damaged and sends voltage that is too high to something, and parts die way sooner than they should.
Second option is that you have corrosion SOMEWHERE on gpu, that damages mobo around PCIE slots power delivery.
Either you had 2 problems and they removed 1, or you literally replaced your mobo with another that had same factory issue propably in same place. (both are MSI so both might have some faulty caps from same batch)

Its usually good to ask questions
why it was broken
Were damage came from
and ask for a pic of damage.

if they cannot do it, means they dont know what they are doing and just replace pieces randomly, until something boot.
Watch louis rossman on macbook repairs for comparison how it should look like when they diagnosed damaged part.

Nov 5, 2021
Thanks gor your help! What I forgot to mention: The system worked fine for about 2 years so I doubt that the motherboards had the same factory issue.
Regarding the PSU: If the PSU supplied incorrect voltage would it even be possible for the motherboard to work for ~2 weeks? Shouldn‘t it break way sooner?

I‘ll definitely ask for pics of the damage next time though.