[SOLVED] PC Not Booting Up After 5 Months

Jan 13, 2019
Hi guys. I have a Ryzen 5 2400g cpu , vega 11 igpu, msi b350m gaming pro mobo, 16 gb Patriot viper ddr4 3000 ram, 500w lepa psu, and a 240gb patriot burst ssd. Pc part picker link : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZCPMTB Today I was playing a game and had to go out to dinner. I left the game running and when I came home, I saw that my pc had turned off. I pressed the power button, but it wouldnt turn on. The only thing that would flash is the patriot ram and the ez debug led for less than half a second. No fans would turn on and the cooler master logo on the cpu cooler wouldn't flash white. The all the 4 lights on the ez debug led would flash. Ive taken out the cpu power and put it back in, ive tried to reset cmos, boot up with 1 stick of ram, but nothing is working. I don't think I overvolted my pc. I had 1.294 soc/gfx voltage 1625 mhz on the gpu. I had 1.3875 cpu core 4.0 ghz on the cpu I had 1.4 ddr4 voltage and the ram ran at ddr4 3466. Also ive had this pc for 5 months and I didn't have a problem like this before. Can someone please help me? Thanks.

Solution
Try clearing the CMOS. Try reseating the RAM.

To clear the CMOS, the motherboard will have either a CLEAR CMOS button or a jumper. Press the button in the first scenario. For the jumper , move the jumper from pins 1 and 2 to 2 and 3, and power up the PC and reboot. After wards power down the system and return the jumper to the original pins. The motherboard will detail the process for your specific motherboard (I did see once that an Asus manual referred to it as resetting).

Alternatively you can also power down the system (wait for a few minutes with the PSU unplugged), then remove the CMOS battery (lithium cr2032 coin battery). After 5-10 minutes, replace the battery and power up the system as normal.+

To reseat the RAM...
Considering the quality of the power supply, I would guess that the power supply is your problem. To test switch it out with a power supply of sufficient power for your system or just replace it.

Also if you haven't done so already, I would update the motherboard chipset driver and the BIOS.

Jan 13, 2019

I replaced the psu with another psu and it still does the same thing. What do you suggest I do next?

Try clearing the CMOS. Try reseating the RAM.

To clear the CMOS, the motherboard will have either a CLEAR CMOS button or a jumper. Press the button in the first scenario. For the jumper , move the jumper from pins 1 and 2 to 2 and 3, and power up the PC and reboot. After wards power down the system and return the jumper to the original pins. The motherboard will detail the process for your specific motherboard (I did see once that an Asus manual referred to it as resetting).

Alternatively you can also power down the system (wait for a few minutes with the PSU unplugged), then remove the CMOS battery (lithium cr2032 coin battery). After 5-10 minutes, replace the battery and power up the system as normal.+

To reseat the RAM, first power down the system again. Then remove the RAM one stick at a time, clean the contacts, blow out the slot, firmly reinstall stick, and repeat for remaining memory sticks.

If that doesn't help the system boot, try one stick in various dimm slots.

Solution