[SOLVED] PC not booting up but motherboard light is on

Manesh

Commendable
Apr 23, 2017
Hey guys,
So I installed a gtx 960 on my pc it was fine for a while then today when I was stress testing it with furmark the pc turned off and it's not turning on again.
When I checked the motherboard bulb is in but no response when pressing on switch.
My specs are
Asus p5 g41 tm lx3 mobo
Core 2 quad q8400 oc to 3ghz on stock cooler
2 X 4gb ddr3 Hynix ram
And an unknown psu which came with the pc 9 yrs ago. Which I think might be the problem.
Anyone can help me confirm?

Solution
i would say it is your PSU. you stressed the system enough that it overpowered it and it blew. if you played a graphic intensive game it is likely the same thing would have happened. the other risk is if the PSU went it may have shorted other parts out too. this is why when doing an upgrade make sure you have a quality power supply first
i would say it is your PSU. you stressed the system enough that it overpowered it and it blew. if you played a graphic intensive game it is likely the same thing would have happened. the other risk is if the PSU went it may have shorted other parts out too. this is why when doing an upgrade make sure you have a quality power supply first

Solution