PC not booting up correctly

Yus_1_

Reputable
Jan 13, 2017
Hello. I've been having this problem ever since yesterday after my PC installed a windows update
The problem basically is that when I try to boot up the PC it takes a long time for it to load if it even loads at all, its taking like 30 min for it to get me to the log in menu and other times its just says windows did not start up correctly and needs to restart and gives me some advanced recovery options.
And even if I manage to log in the PC is very limited, I can't use anything other than the browser and it runs very slowly if I try to open anything else.
I've already tried booting up on safe mode but the problem persists even there. I have even tried to re install windows (its in an SSD so its separate from the HDD) but this did nothing the PC still takes a good 20 to 30 minutes loading in the motherboard screen before allowing me to log in and even then its still not working properly.
I really have no idea what could be the cause of the problem here anymore, this all happened from one day to another. Any help would be appreciated.

Nov 13, 2018
Have you got another drive? Try to install windows there and find out if your ssd is the problem.
It might be a graphics driver incompatibility too. Try to remove the graphics card and use onboard graphics with one monitor plugged in.

Please list full specs of your pc.
What cpu cooler are you using?

Your described symptoms could indicate cpu cooler failure, when CPU is being throttled to save it from overheating.

Check cpu temperatures in BIOS.