Question PC not booting up, only RAM lights turning on

Aug 10, 2020
Video link for reference (https://photos.app.goo.gl/QorGiwLPeKsELRym8)
Recently built PC, was functioning properly until today when it suddenly died out. Only RAM is lighting up, even the nothing else is working.
Tried replacing PSU cord, PC worked for 15 mins and then again turned off.
Tried running it with 1 stick of RAM, Set BIOS to factory default, nothing works.
Every time i open it, PSU does open for a few seconds ( fans rotate) and then it turns off accompanied with a click sound.
Please help
Build
RYZEN 5 3600X
GSKILL Tridentz 8x2 3200mhz
Galax rtx2060
Msi carbon B550
RM650 psu

Last edited:
Reactions: Bichitra
Recently built PC, was functioning properly until today when it suddenly died out. Only RAM is lighting up, even the nothing else is working.
Tried running it with 1 stick of RAM, Set BIOS to factory default, nothing works.
Every time i open it, PSU does open for a few seconds ( fans rotate) and then it turns off accompanied with a click sound.
Please help
Build
RYZEN 5 3600X
Galax rtx2060
Msi carbon B550
RM650 psu
I would start by replacing PSU.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Aug 10, 2020
So when PC turns off the Ram still stays lit up? Ram and fans et al do not have a function to "light up". That is usually pretty lights that have nothing to do function. It worries me that your ram stays lit. Modern PSUs actually stay on as long as power is applied from power cord. The PSU provides standby power to run the on-off switch, keyboard and maybe network card. Standby power is limited so using it to "light up" your ram may be overloading it. "Replaced PSU power cord? The cord from the outlet to PSU or the PSU cable from PSU to motherboard. Why would you think that would help? AMD CPUs suck massive powero your PSU is tired of operating in the red? If it "worked" for 15 minutes thats long enough for something to get hot and fail. "It worked"? Did bios load? Did operating system menu come up? Does it boot from DVD or USB? If BIOS fails boot up self test it usually shuts off power. Again, disconnecting line power actually does a full reset, and BIOS tests everything. Otherwise BIOS assumes status quo was sleep, and tries to wake up. My builds always have a real power switch, not just a software one. Remove the video card, and
use on board video? Or known good card or USB Video? I would use my voltmeter to check PSU voltages.

Aug 10, 2020
So when PC turns off the Ram still stays lit up? Ram and fans et al do not have a function to "light up". That is usually pretty lights that have nothing to do function. It worries me that your ram stays lit. Modern PSUs actually stay on as long as power is applied from power cord. The PSU provides standby power to run the on-off switch, keyboard and maybe network card. Standby power is limited so using it to "light up" your ram may be overloading it. "Replaced PSU power cord? The cord from the outlet to PSU or the PSU cable from PSU to motherboard. Why would you think that would help? AMD CPUs suck massive powero your PSU is tired of operating in the red? If it "worked" for 15 minutes thats long enough for something to get hot and fail. "It worked"? Did bios load? Did operating system menu come up? Does it boot from DVD or USB? If BIOS fails boot up self test it usually shuts off power. Again, disconnecting line power actually does a full reset, and BIOS tests everything. Otherwise BIOS assumes status quo was sleep, and tries to wake up. My builds always have a real power switch, not just a software one. Remove the video card, and
use on board video? Or known good card or USB Video? I would use my voltmeter to check PSU voltages.
Normally, the RAM lights would turn off on turning PC off. Tbe problem is that currently when I switch on the PC, everythin except RAM would temporary boot up and power down within seconds(even the PSU fan stops), but RAM lights would be on. Fans/keyboard don't work.
I changed the power to psu cable (c13). I have monitored the CPU and GPU power usage, its very much in the green.
Yes the bios loaded, as a safety measure I turned off XMP and PBO. Even then it died out after 15 mins. Temps were normal during this run 35-50 c.
I dont have an alternate GPU, and R5 3600x doesn't have onboard gpu.

Oct 8, 2020
Please help
Build
RYZEN 5 3600X
Galax rtx2060
Msi carbon B550
RM650 psu

Bro, I'm having the same issue. It just happened with my pc 10 minutes ago.

I have a couple of questions...
Did you fixed it? How? And what caused this problem?

Can you please help me out here? I REALLY need your help!

Thanks

Aug 10, 2020
Bro, I'm having the same issue. It just happened with my pc 10 minutes ago.

I have a couple of questions...
Did you fixed it? How? And what caused this problem?

Can you please help me out here? I REALLY need your help!

Thanks
Hi,
So this issue went away on its own, IDK how. But 2 weeks ago it came back again and this time CPU debug led was ON on my Mobo. I had already noticed high voltages draw by my processor and benchmark scores were significantly lower than my friends R5 3600. I have sent it for RMA

Oct 8, 2020
Hi,
So this issue went away on its own, IDK how. But 2 weeks ago it came back again and this time CPU debug led was ON on my Mobo. I had already noticed high voltages draw by my processor and benchmark scores were significantly lower than my friends R5 3600. I have sent it for RMA
Thanks for replying!
It took me two years of savings to build this damn PC. i9, Maximus XI, RTX 2070TI and lots of other cool components.

Now this is happening. REALLY worried about it.