Question Pc not booting up with 2 sticks of ram.

Jan 17, 2021
Hello. So I need some help with my pc. Yesterday I went into the bios to change the speed from 2133 MHz to 3200mhz. My ram is compatible with this speed. It’s the Corsair vengeance rgb pro 2x8gb. Now after I did this I hit save and reset and when it reset it left me on a black screen. So I reset cmos and the jumper cables and nothing happened. Then I tried with only one stick of ram and it turned on. All slots are working but the 2nd ram stick won’t work whenever I put it in it won’t boot and on the motherboard there’s a orange light on the dram CPU but idk what that means. And my fans used to be super quiet and now there loud when windows boots up. Please help!!!

Jan 17, 2021
Hello. Thank you for replying. Yes my ram is compatible with my motherboard.
Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
16gb ddr4 ram
Rtx 2060
650w gold psu
Asus rog strix b450 motherboard

Jan 17, 2021
That is not a full name of motherboard model. Asus has 4 different rog strix b450 models.
ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II
ROG STRIX B450-E GAMING
ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING

Can you show screenshots requested (post #3)?
Also show screenshot from CPU-Z motherboard section.
That is not a full name of motherboard model. Asus has 4 different rog strix b450 models.
ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II
ROG STRIX B450-E GAMING
ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING

Can you show screenshots requested (post #3)?
Also show screenshot from CPU-Z motherboard section.
How do I get a screenshot of the cpu-z motherboard section? I barely know anything about PCs. And how do I check what motherboard I have

Can you make a photo of, how ram is installed on your motherboard?

It should be installed in slots A2 and B2.
h9zZrBD.png

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2021
Can you make a photo of, how ram is installed on your motherboard?

It should be installed in slots A2 and B2.
h9zZrBD.png
Yes it is installed in a2 and b2 but when I install the 2nd stick the dram light turns orange and system doesn’t boot. When I use one then no light and it boots fine. I tried the one that works on a2 and b2 and both slots work fine. But there’s no way that my second stick of ram is messed up because it worked just fine before I changed the MHz. Is there a bios setting I need to do?

Jan 17, 2021
Install second ram module in a2 and try to boot with only it installed.
If system doesn't boot, then module is dead.
Ram module can die, if handled improperly. Electrostatic discharge (ESD) can do it.
Yes the 2nd ram module doesn’t boot. I think it’s dead. Both of the 1st module work in A2 and B2 but the 2nd one doesn’t work in either.

Jan 17, 2021
Changing ram frequency can slightly change cpu temperature. But this should not be anything significant.

What cpu temperatures are you getting?
Do I check that in bios? If so how? Oh yea I forgot to mention my fans are very quiet when booting the computer up but as soon as i load into windows it becomes very loud