Question Pc not booting up with 2 sticks of ram.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 17, 2021
Hello. So I need some help with my pc. Yesterday I went into the bios to change the speed from 2133 MHz to 3200mhz. My ram is compatible with this speed. It’s the Corsair vengeance rgb pro 2x8gb. Now after I did this I hit save and reset and when it reset it left me on a black screen. So I reset cmos and the jumper cables and nothing happened. Then I tried with only one stick of ram and it turned on. All slots are working but the 2nd ram stick won’t work whenever I put it in it won’t boot and on the motherboard there’s a orange light on the dram CPU but idk what that means. And my fans used to be super quiet and now there loud when windows boots up. Please help!!!

Install it, run it, check cpu and gpu temperatures.

afterburner300final.png

Jan 17, 2021
Do I check that in bios? If so how? Oh yea I forgot to mention my fans are very quiet when booting the computer up but as soon as i load into windows it becomes very loud
It’s not showing a gpu temp. I think it has to be something with my wiring or maybe my fan messed up. I’m heading to micro center so they can check it out because I have no experience with this. I’ll ask them to check my ram too. Thanks so much for your help man
Update: I went to micro center and one of my ram sticks were broken. The reason why my pc was so loud was because the graphics card was spinning too hard.