Pc not booting up?

Nov 12, 2017
Hi guys,
I am having a hard time booting up my system as when ever i power it on after this text shows up in a black screen:-
" A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"
So the first thing i did was to check up my hard drive in bios and it was being detected. I also ran the diagnostics test and it also showed that the hard drive was running. Then i connected the drive to a different SATA port and booted up but this didnt solved the problem. All of my reasearch suggests that there must be an issue with my hard drive but it is being detected by the bios and is in the 'running' state.
What issue might be causing my system not to boot up and could it be related to my drive?

Nov 12, 2017

The test just showed the hard drive running and i dont know if it actually tested the drive for issues. I checked the drive by connecting it to my friend's system but the same error persisted so i think something is wrong with my hard drive. I also noticed an unusual clicking sound coming from the drive but it went away after a couple of seconds. I dont have a backup of my personal data in the drive and this is driving me crazy. Can the data still be recovered from the drive please can you give your advice?