Question PC not booting up

Dec 8, 2020
My PC recently had a fall (won't go into details) and when I then went to start it up, unsurprisingly, it wouldn't boot. The fans starts spinning, LEDs etc came on and it then died.
Once I got back from work I tried again with the PC showing no life except a fan LED flashing.
I unplugged RAM and tried resitting in different slots. Unplugged fan headers, GPU and still nothing.
I then had nothing except my CPU in, everything else was plugged in apart from the ATX 12v 8 pin and the CPU fan and it then flashed into life only to then suddenly die and go into a boot loop. I assumed this was due to the system not wanting to do to much as the cpu cooler wasn't plugged in. After plugging this in, same results. I then tried plugging in the 12v 8 pin and then it reverted back to the lonely LED fan flashing and nothing more.
I'm thinking this is a motherboard issue as the PSU seems to be working. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Dec 8, 2020
Just as an observation, your combination of RAM sticks is not the best.
Mixing different sizes like that is a recipe for problems.
As a rule you should not use mismatched RAM sticks.
Yeah I know this, I only got these as I upgraded my last setup and just bought a single 8gb DIMM, I was going to replace it but never got around to it.
It has been working fine for around 2 years or so

Dec 8, 2020
Update:
I've removed my motherboard from the case to check for grounding issues.
Removed the cpu and re-seated it. Same results, bootloops without the 12v 8 pin as there's no power to the CPU, when I plug it in, nothing except a flash.
I can only guess that my CPU is now dead?