[SOLVED] PC Not booting when connected to GPU

Jessy2001James

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
Hi there,

I recently switched to PC, I built my pc using a YouTube guide. I’d say it went relatively well, was a bit intense but after putting in all the parts, It worked!
4-5 days later while playing a game, m pc suddenly turned off and refused to do anything.
After some googling, the results either mentioned something regarding the PSU or GPU. As my PSU is new, I would assume it’s my GPU instead.

I took it apart and booted the pc without the GPU and that went fine, it only went south after the GPU got connected.

Everything is new, except for the GPU which is second-hand.

Specs;

Aorus X570 Elite
Ryzen 5 3600XT
XFX Radeon RX580 4gb
16gb ddr4 ram
Mastercooler ML120L V2
Kingston 1tb SSD
2tb hard drive
PSU Corsair TX650M

Solution
here's what you need to do to find out for sure, either try a different GPU in your system or try your current GPU in a different system. based on the symptoms you should be able to figure out where the problem is coming from

Jessy2001James

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
here's what you need to do to find out for sure, either try a different GPU in your system or try your current GPU in a different system. based on the symptoms you should be able to figure out where the problem is coming from
Thank you for your reply! I'll have to order a new GPU to make sure whether it works or not. Right now, I'm trying to cmos reset my pc so I can make use of the pc using the integrated graphics. However, it Isnt displaying anything after i attempted the cmos reset. Do you know how i can get around this? Or should I be patient and wait on the new GPU to arrive?

Also, when I'm trying to boot the system. The motherboard fan will spin for a few seconds, and stop after.