[SOLVED] Pc not booting when i install a specific type of ram

ZakYOLO

Reputable
Aug 9, 2020
Well...i have 1gb ddr3 and 2gb ddr3. I installed the 1gb ddr3 and jt worked fine. But when i added the 2gb ddr3 it didnt work, pc says 1 short beep 1 long beep which of course indicates that there's a ram problem. Now, i installed 2gb ram alone and still same gosh darn thing. 1 short beep 1 long beep. Monitor isn't turning on

Reactions: brryronnie
Solution
Hp compaq home edition. Small amount of ram because i was too stupid to buy more
You need to know the exact model (and eventual sub-model) of the Hp compaq home edition.
Only then will it be possible to find an exact working match for your RAM.
These OEM systems sometimes need very specific RAM sticks. It is ot necessarily a faluty RAM that you have, but just a not compatible one.
When you know your exact model you can look here https://www.crucial.com/products/memory for a specific RAM module.
Crucial RAM is quite good with these big OEM brands

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

The 2GB module is likely faulty or not usable with your motherboard. Either way if it simply doesn't work with just that module in but always works with just the other one, bets would be you just need to get new RAM.

Also worth noting that mixed RAM modules are not guaranteed compatibility.

Well...i have 1gb ddr3 and 2gb ddr3. I installed the 1gb ddr3 and jt worked fine. But when i added the 2gb ddr3 it didnt work, pc says 1 short beep 1 long beep which of course indicates that there's a ram problem. Now, i installed 2gb ram alone and still same gosh darn thing. 1 short beep 1 long beep. Monitor isn't turning on
What is your exact system, whit such small amounts of RAM ?

Hp compaq home edition. Small amount of ram because i was too stupid to buy more
You need to know the exact model (and eventual sub-model) of the Hp compaq home edition.
Only then will it be possible to find an exact working match for your RAM.
These OEM systems sometimes need very specific RAM sticks. It is ot necessarily a faluty RAM that you have, but just a not compatible one.
When you know your exact model you can look here https://www.crucial.com/products/memory for a specific RAM module.
Crucial RAM is quite good with these big OEM brands

Reactions: brryronnie
Solution