[SOLVED] Pc not booting with GPU.

kiran59

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2015
So I added a new graphic card (gt 1030) to my system (Q9400,Zeb-G41-D3 Mobo,6gb DDR3). First windows booted and it automatically installed drivers. Pc restarted and boot up but with black screen. I tried restarting but now pc won't boot up with graphics card. I pressed the power button but nothing happens. Gpu fan is spinning. It boots up when I try with integrated graphics. Any solutions ?

Solution
That means literally nothing. Hardware most of the time do not show signs of going bad, they just do.

Your PSU is not just terrible, it's a 200ish watt at BEST. It might as well be the issue here. Even if it's not, you should NOT use it and replace it asap.

On second thought, it most probably is the PSU. Installing drivers makes the card using the proper advertised clocks instead of basic function, which means more power draw. So I believe the PSU is to blame.
That means literally nothing. Hardware most of the time do not show signs of going bad, they just do.

Your PSU is not just terrible, it's a 200ish watt at BEST. It might as well be the issue here. Even if it's not, you should NOT use it and replace it asap.

On second thought, it most probably is the PSU. Installing drivers makes the card using the proper advertised clocks instead of basic function, which means more power draw. So I believe the PSU is to blame.

Solution