Question PC not booting

Sep 25, 2020
Recently for seemingly no reason my PC just stopped booting altogether, no rgb, no boot up led, no fans spinning nothing. I then started to troubleshoot and eliminated the psu as the problem. I then switched my case to an older Corsair 200r and it booted! But as I was going to be it wouldn't shut off with the power button and after I shut it down using the windows start menu I couldn't turn it on the next day. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
Ryzen 2700x (Not overclocked)
Asus B450-f motherboard
Zotac GTX 1060 (Not overclocked)
16gb DDR4 3200mhz Crucial Ballistix (Not overclocked)
2tb Seagate barracuda
500gb western digital ssd
EVGA 500w bronze psu

Sep 25, 2020
How old are the parts, especially the PSU and GPU ?

Have you noticed any instability issues prior to this ?
The PSU is about 2 years old and the GPU is 1 year old, the rest of the components are at most 2 years old so its fairly new. As for stability, I didn't notice anything wrong until one day it just wouldn't boot, took it apart replaced the motherboard, CPU, GPU, case and it only booted up once I moved cases with an old motherboard and once I turned it off it couldn't turn on again.

If relocation of a computer causes it to fail, you should have a look for connectors not properly fastened, especially those from the PSU.

Or - it could be that dust collects and have managed to got jammed (or at least got in a place) so that it make a failed connection in some connector or an extension slot. The easiest fix is normally to disconnect everything and put it back together.
Also - have a look for jammed wires and loose screws that may have found its way between mainboard and mounting plate.

Those two cases are the easy to fix, you only have to disconnect everything, have a look at the conducting surfaces on extension port for corrosion or pollution and then just connect everything back again.

If you're less lucky, it turns out being some soldering point somewhere in some component that have a bad connection. Those issues are most common for heavy components (like transformers core inside your psu) or components that are subject for big temperature variations, such as voltage regulators, transistors, etc. If that is the case - DO NOT OPEN THE PSU TO LOOK, IT'S DANGEROUS.
From my own experience, the most likely failed component in order from most likely to least likely:
  • PSU
  • Mainboard
  • GPU

Sep 25, 2020
If relocation of a computer causes it to fail, you should have a look for connectors not properly fastened, especially those from the PSU.

Or - it could be that dust collects and have managed to got jammed (or at least got in a place) so that it make a failed connection in some connector or an extension slot. The easiest fix is normally to disconnect everything and put it back together.
Also - have a look for jammed wires and loose screws that may have found its way between mainboard and mounting plate.

Those two cases are the easy to fix, you only have to disconnect everything, have a look at the conducting surfaces on extension port for corrosion or pollution and then just connect everything back again.

If you're less lucky, it turns out being some soldering point somewhere in some component that have a bad connection. Those issues are most common for heavy components (like transformers core inside your psu) or components that are subject for big temperature variations, such as voltage regulators, transistors, etc. If that is the case - DO NOT OPEN THE PSU TO LOOK, IT'S DANGEROUS.
From my own experience, the most likely failed component in order from most likely to least likely:
  • PSU
  • Mainboard
  • GPU
Bought a new motherboard and paired it with the new psu and still no boot. It won't even turn on outside of the case with nothing installed, I have no clue what to do man.