Question Pc not booting

Oct 4, 2021
Hi all. Need some help with my pc.... This problem is driving me mad 😡..... My Zoostorm pc won't boot... When I press the power key, the lights on the front of tower come on and the cpu fan spins and the power supply fan spins, green light on motherboard but monitor says no signal. Tried a new power supply but get zero, no fans spinning but still a green light on motherboard. Have reset bios, tried monitor on another comp, which works. Have breadboarded the pc with the same results. Reseated the cpu, checked and double checked all cables, ram etc but still the no booting.. Anyone got any ideas what is going on... Thanks for reading

magicammo

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2014
Hi all. Need some help with my pc.... This problem is driving me mad 😡..... My Zoostorm pc won't boot... When I press the power key, the lights on the front of tower come on and the cpu fan spins and the power supply fan spins, green light on motherboard but monitor says no signal. Tried a new power supply but get zero, no fans spinning but still a green light on motherboard. Have reset bios, tried monitor on another comp, which works. Have breadboarded the pc with the same results. Reseated the cpu, checked and double checked all cables, ram etc but still the no booting.. Anyone got any ideas what is going on... Thanks for reading
Troubleshoot your ram. Remove all the ram sticks from your PC and with one stick test all the ports. If tests fine set that stick aside and test the next one and so on. Actually just had this issue the other day after bringing my PC up from sitting in storage for a few months.

Oct 4, 2021
Thanks for your replies.

Specs are as follows -

Pc: zoostorm 7910
Motherboard: ASUS p5g41t-m lx2/gb
Ram: 8gb
SSD/HDD: 500gb caviar blue
GPU: internal
PSU: aopen 350w
Monitor: samsung

Oct 4, 2021
Troubleshoot your ram. Remove all the ram sticks from your PC and with one stick test all the ports. If tests fine set that stick aside and test the next one and so on. Actually just had this issue the other day after bringing my PC up from sitting in storage for a few months.
Hi, funnily enough, the pc has been sitting for a few months in a different room while decorating, it was perfect before this. Have tried doing the ram thing, still the same results 😔

Oct 4, 2021
Update -

Managed to get a loan of another psu...... Comp began posting then 10 seconds later it went off.... Tried to start it up again.... And nothing... Not even the fans spinning but the green mobo light is on.... 😢

Replugged back in the original psu.... Still the fans are spinning on cpu and psu... Green light on motherboard, mouse green light on, no lights on keyboard and monitor still saying 'no signal'

Dvd drive running and can open close drawer..... Hard drive also running but the hard drive working light is constantly on solid.....

magicammo

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2014
No, monitor constantly says no signal. Have tried monitor with a working pc and it's working perfectly
Try booting with just the display connected no other peripherals. I did have an issue where my dad's PC would constantly boot loop and I couldn't figure it out until I just did a clean install. I guess the HDD was corrupt and would not boot to windows