[SOLVED] PC not connecting to screen after new SSD and RAM install?

May 13, 2020
(UPDATE: So somehow I was able to get it to boot and recognize the original RAM, so I gave it another go with the new RAM and got it to recognize it and boot properly. So how should I go about installing the new SSD? Because I'm not sure if the new SSD or RAM was what caused the boot issues the first time. BTW the SSD is just a second SSD I'm trying to use to move all my steam games to for faster boot times.)

So I decided to install a 2nd SSD to move my gaming files to and I bought some new RAM sticks since I only had one 8GB stick. I went to boot and the screen stayed black. Then I tried to uninstall everything and set it back up as it was originally and still, no screen connection. I've tried resetting the motherboard battery, different HDMI ports, all in different configurations. I'm sure it's a BIOS issue but I can't get the computer to send a signal to my screen any way I try so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do?

i5-7600k
GTX970
H170-pro
All components are compatible and we're researched before installing. All installs we're done with care and per the motherboard manual.

Last edited: