Question PC not detect ethernet

Jun 12, 2019
Hi, I readed all recent topics about this same issue but no one helped me.
My trouble is that I maked an installation of a cat7 cable from one room to another one, 25 meters cable, without passing it through electricity pipes.
This is the cable:
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0749NS4BD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I crimped by myselft with this autocrimpable rj45 connectors:
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07NDGV3QS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My motherboard is little older but the PC still working very well, Gigabyte Z68 UD4 and i7-2600 CPU. Well, the problem is that my desktop PC don't detect the ethernet cable whereas when I tried it with a laptop when finishing the installation of the cable it worked well.

Actually if I connect the cable to a laptop it still working well, but the desktop PC not detect it, 0 leds on. If i try another 20 meters cat5 cable connected to the same router port it works well in both of them, laptop and desktop.

I tried:
  1. Plug, unplug, plug, unplug, try move the connected cable to see if it is a matter of bad contact.
  2. Update mainboard ethernet driver, it was updated 2015, no news updates.
  3. Enable, disable, enable ethernet in device manager.
  4. Changing the duplex modes and the speed negotiate 10 Base, 100 Base, 1000 Base full duplex or halp duplex.
  5. Type in admin cmd "netsh winsock reset" and "netsh int ip reset".
  6. Search in bios if something was disabled.
  7. Used the "trouble searcher" of windows.
  8. Rebooting several times.

Any suggestions? HELP

Jun 12, 2019
"If i try another 20 meters cat5 cable connected to the same router port it works well in both of them, laptop and desktop".

That suggests to me that there's a problem with the cable that doesn't work - - - - either one or both RJ45 connectors not wired/crimped properly, or the there's a break somewhere in the cable.

Thanks for your early answer but it works with the laptop...
Speed tests with the cat7 and cat5 cables in the laptop show exactly same results.

Jun 12, 2019
Ok, I checked with multimeter that all cables are Ok but one of the RJ45 connectors it's defective, two pins don't do contact.

I still worried because I used a router to try if the problem could be that desktop PC ethernet card is not compatible with this cat7a RJ45 (I know, that have no sense...) and the time it worked had been detected as 100 base having slow transfer speeds. I hope have full speed when I'll replace the RJ45 defective connector.

TRENDING THREADS