[SOLVED] PC not detecting Microsoft wireless display adapter ?

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
I’m trying to mirror my Windows 10 pc onto my TV, I bought a Microsoft wireless display adapter a while ago, so I want to use that.

I go to the Notification Center, go to connect, and it just doesn’t show up. The only thing that does show up is the TV itself (my wifi is too poor to use that, which is why I have the display adapter) and two PnP monitors. I have the wireless adapter app on my pc, but it also says it can’t find any adapter. I have the adapter itself on an hdmi and usb on the tv with the hdmi selected saying it’s ready to connect.

I have a Bluetooth/WiFi adapter in my computer (PCIe slot), to make sure the Bluetooth is working I went into device manager and expanded the Bluetooth device, there were two devices both with error bars, when I go Inter properties they both say: “This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (Code 31)” I uninstalled both devices and reinstalled the drivers. When I go back into device manager I see a lot more devices when I expand it, some are past Bluetooth devices, and there’s one more with the same error. I tried connecting my phone and it works so maybe that’s the problem maybe not?

I’ve tried restarting both displays, including the wireless adapter itself. I allowed it through my firewall but I can’t get it to work, I’ve tried everything I can find online and I don’t know what else to do, I remember this thing was like $50, and I didn’t use it a whole lot and I don’t want to believe it’s just a brick now.

Solution
hi, open dxdiag, click on "save all information" to store system report text file, open it and under system information you should see your miracast status
Miracast: Available, with HDCP