Question Pc not detecting ssd as boot priority

avenirk9

Reputable
Aug 8, 2018
Ive had this problem very recently. Its been pulling me to this black screen saying, "select proper boot device..." and its literally just that in white words with a black screen. I go into my bios and go to boot, and see my ssd is not on my list at all. Ive look at numerous tutorials, etc. But nothing has worked. It shows both my harddrives but my windows runs on that ssd. My pc works sometimes to the point where if i restart it constantly for about 30 mins non stop then go back into bios, my ssd will show up but disappear after the next time i shut down my pc and turn it on again and the loop continues. Ive tried switching sata cables, nothing works. I dont think it can be burnt because it still sometimes shows up after that 30 mins which if it was fully burnt it would have no chance to show up. The way it would boot off that ssd is if i set it to windows boot manager. Windows boot manager only shows up when the ssd shows up so like every 30 mins of straight, constant restarting. Thats the only way the pc will boot. I go into my motherboard map in my bios and it says only my 2 harddrives are connected to the SATA ports and has no trace of the SSD unless i as i said before, restart it like 40 times and then it randomly pops up in my bios as detected. Only my 2 harddrives show up in my disk drive priorities and no ssd until i do that 30 mins. If you have any idea what it could be please respond.

PC SPECS
----------------
I3-8300
GTX 950 Dual fan
8gb viper ddr4 ram
Cooler master v8 cooler
Western Digital 1tb harddrive
Western Digital 200gb harddrive
Zheino 128gb SSD
Msi b360 gaming plus motherboard

avenirk9

Reputable
Aug 8, 2018
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Have you tried connecting the SSD to another, donor system and seen if that shows up in BIOS for donor system?
Its just an intel i3 8300 3.7ghz quad core idk what else to say... i literally just bought it a few months ago. I dont have any extra systems to test it on