Question PC not detecting TV via HDMI

Sep 1, 2024
I cannot get my PC to connect to my 4kTV. I have had other PC's connected along with various other devices, all without issue.

HP ProDesk 600 Series 3 SFF
Intel HD 530 (on board graphics)
I7 6700T

Samsung RU7300 55" Curved 4KUHD Smart TV

I can connect this PC to several other displays, Including a Sony 32", Toshiba 55", Sharp 50", Insignia 40"...I can also connect my Samsung TV to any/every other HDMI capable device I own.

I've tried:

-Replacing the HDMI cable (12 different ones, new and used, tested and confirmed working with a pc of similar specs), Trying each different port with each cable.

-Uninstalling/re-installing graphics drivers.

-Powering everything down, unplugging everything, cleaning the HDMI ports and cable ends with isopropyl, reconnecting and powering on.

The TV detects something connected but says there's no signal. The TV's built in diagnostic software indicates a problem with the cable, on all 12 cables on all 3 ports.

The PC doesn't detect anything, but when I connect the PC to the TV through a Rocketfish HDMI switch, suddenly it detects the TV as a 4k Samsung display, but the tv still says no signal.

Anyone have any ideas, cause I'm stumped.

On your TV make sure your not plugging into the HDCP HDMI socket. Your Intel HD 530 does not have the HDCP output to do the digital hand shake to let it work or that's my theory.

It should work though on the regular HDMI ports. Have you tried other ports.

If that's not the issue maybe the screen resolution between PC and TV are fighting it out not being the correct value between the both.