Question PC not detecting Wi-Fi card

Aug 18, 2024
Hello all. I just purchased a Wi-Fi card as I am moving somewhere with no ethernet. After I installed the card and booted my computer, I tried to connect to my Wi-Fi, but there were no available networks. The only thing showing up was airplane mode. I then went into device manager, and what I believe is my Wi-Fi card (named network controller in DM) is showing up as a “Other device”, instead of under network adapters. Also, when I check the device properties, the value for “Has problem” is true. Any help would be appreciated

Hello all. I just purchased a Wi-Fi card as I am moving somewhere with no ethernet. After I installed the card and booted my computer, I tried to connect to my Wi-Fi, but there were no available networks. The only thing showing up was airplane mode. I then went into device manager, and what I believe is my Wi-Fi card (named network controller in DM) is showing up as a “Other device”, instead of under network adapters. Also, when I check the device properties, the value for “Has problem” is true. Any help would be appreciated
You probably need to install a driver. Go to the card manufacturer's website and see if they have one available for download.