PC not discovered on Network Scan on Android

KriSSu09

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Hello!

I want to use the Riftcat app and for that I need my Android and PC to connect to each other through wireless. When I use the Removed app on my Android (SM-G935F with Android Oreo) my PC doesn't show up, just my 2 phones and the router for the other half of the house. The Network on my PC is public and I have run a command in cmd to turn on Discovery of the PC. I also have to mention that I am forced to run Windows 10 Version 1703 because updating to any newer version makes my audio not to work anymore.

If anybody is kind enough to wish to help I'll fill in more detalis that you may need.

Thanks!

kanewolf

Titan
Your statement of "router for the other side of the house" makes me think you have multiple routers. One (or more) of them probably need to be converted to WIFI access points if you want the entire house to communicate.

Fing finds over 30 devices on my home network, including cameras, the thermostat, OOMA box, and UPS devices. It has nothing to do with the PC being discoverable. It is how your network is setup.

KriSSu09

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016

I don't have any "smart" devices in my house that could show up, just this ZTE F668 (some people online call it ONT, I don't know what it means) to which my PC is connected through cable and a D-LINK AC1200, also connected through cable, but it's range doesn't reach to where I currently am, so we're not talking about it. Also I have this Android S7 Edge connected to the Wi-Fi from this ZTE. Here is what the Fing scan looks like:
Screenshot_20180716-000821_Fing.jpg

kanewolf

Titan
It would be the config of the D-LINK AC1200 that is probably your problem. It is still configured as a router, and so the devices connected to it are not discoverable. You need to configure the D-Link as an access point rather than a router. Here is the sticky about how to do that -- http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/36406-43-convert-wireless-router-wireless-access-point

If you reconfigure the D-Link I believe you should have all your devices discoverable.

KriSSu09

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016

I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I don't see the connection between my PC and the D-Link, as that router covers the other half of the house with my parent's PC and phones connected to it, not my PC, just as I mentioned earlier, it's Wi-Fi range doesn't even reach to where I am with the PC and phone I'm trying to connect together. Could you please explain it to me?