Question PC not displaying and my keyboard and mouse are not responsive

Sep 12, 2019
My PC turns on, the fans turn on, the lights turn on, and even my gpus fan spins but my keyboard and mouse do not light up like they usually do and there is no display.

I am not too tech savy and looked up a video on how to replace my gpu so I took my old one out and put my new rx 580 in. I plugged in the pci-e and rebooted my computer. the fans started spinning and the light near the pci-e was blue. But when everything turned on but there was no display and my keyboard and mouse were not responnsive and there was no display. this was when my problem started.

I tried putting my old gtx 1050 back in to try and download drivers in advance but then the same thing happened as it did with my new rx 580.

Before me attemping to replace my gpu everything ran smooth and there were no problems with my computer i was just looking for a somewhat cheap upgrade to help my computer keep up with new titles.
Did i do something wrong and mess up my computer? my computer is about 3 years old.

my current specs are-
fx 8350 cpu
old gpu- gtx 1050 2gb
new gpu- rx 580 8gb
8gb ddr3 ram
msi 970 gaming motherboard
EVGA 600b 600 w 80+ Bronze certified ATX psu

ps- my gtx 1050 did not require pcie like my rx 580 did
all help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019
My PC turns on, the fans turn on, the lights turn on, and even my gpus fan spins but my keyboard and mouse do not light up like they usually do and there is no display.

I am not too tech savy and looked up a video on how to replace my gpu so I took my old one out and put my new rx 580 in. I plugged in the pci-e and rebooted my computer. the fans started spinning and the light near the pci-e was blue. But when everything turned on but there was no display and my keyboard and mouse were not responnsive and there was no display. this was when my problem started.

I tried putting my old gtx 1050 back in to try and download drivers in advance but then the same thing happened as it did with my new rx 580.

Before me attemping to replace my gpu everything ran smooth and there were no problems with my computer i was just looking for a somewhat cheap upgrade to help my computer keep up with new titles.
Did i do something wrong and mess up my computer? my computer is about 3 years old.

my current specs are-
fx 8350 cpu
old gpu- gtx 1050 2gb
new gpu- rx 580 8gb
8gb ddr3 ram
msi 970 gaming motherboard
EVGA 600b 600 w 80+ Bronze certified ATX psu

ps- my gtx 1050 did not require pcie like my rx 580 did
all help is appreciated!
I think I may have pinned it down to my motherboard.
PSU- everything is getting power as normal
CPU- mine is fairly new and I have switched it out with my old one
GPU- I have tried my new and old one
RAM- i have tested it with new RAM