Question Pc not getting enough power (I think)

May 4, 2022
My pc is a pre-built one from Acer predator. It's the P09-900 with a GTX 1080 TI and a i7 7800x. I had some performance issues so I decided to upgrade the RAM and ssd,
I now have 2 16gb DDR4 ram from crucial. and also a 1T ssd also from crucial. But after those upgrades I still was having performance issues. And I think it's because my pc isn't getting enough power. I inserted a picture of CPUID HWMonitor with the voltages shown. While gaming my gpu usage is always very low (around 20-40% depending on which game I play) but that could also be because I'm playing on very low settings to get a better performance. as a pc with decent components I think it should be able to handle the games better. In game I enabled the Nividia performance overlay. As shown in a picture under this, my GPU power is very low, while gaming it's around 120 watts and the voltage is around 1,1. Is this normal for a 1080 ti?
Help would be very much appreciated.

unknown.png
unknown.png

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your prebuilt? You might want to try uninstalling your GPU drivers using DDU and then manually reinstall said driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator and see if that alleviates the issue.

Your numbers on HWMonitor doesn't look healthy for the PSU, which is why I asked about it's age.

The motherboard doesn't look proprietary;
lrgscaleDSCN4852.jpg

so you should be able to source a donor ATX PSU(from a friend or neighbor) off the shelf to test out on your system.

Reactions: Void_R and dudio
May 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your prebuilt? You might want to try uninstalling your GPU drivers using DDU and then manually reinstall said driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator and see if that alleviates the issue.

Your numbers on HWMonitor doesn't look healthy for the PSU, which is why I asked about it's age.

The motherboard doesn't look proprietary;
lrgscaleDSCN4852.jpg

so you should be able to source a donor ATX PSU(from a friend or neighbor) off the shelf to test out on your system.

I bought the pc 4 years ago on 02/08/2018 and I already did fully re installing my graphics card driver like two months ago. Do you think I should still do it again?

KyaraM

Admirable
My old 1070 uses about 190W, so I don't think it is normal. Though I'm playing on highest settings possible, so that likely plays into it, too. It might be your CPU, though, since it's not really a strong one anymore...

May 4, 2022
Update!
So I Re installed my graphics card driver by using DDU and then installing it again using the elevated command but it didn't change anything.
So I looked into my pc a little bit and found the specs of my psu.
Also are these cables connected correctly?

IMG_5209.jpg
IMG_5210.jpg

KyaraM

Admirable
I think the inside of your PC could use some cleaning...

Outside that, it really looks like your PSU is failing. Taking a closer look at your HWMonitor screenshot, your voltages on the difference rails are faaaaar too low. They should be very close to what they are called, eg the 12V raild actually have somewhere between 11.5V to 12.5V, approximately. Not barely 8V. I'm also not sure how good that PSU is in the first place. I would definitely switch it out.

May 4, 2022
Update!
So I bought and installed a new psu and my results improved but only by a little bit.
I bought the GIGABYTE P1000 g
here are the results:
unknown.png