Question PC not going to sleep/waking up properly

May 22, 2019
Hey everyone, having an annoying issue with my pc.

I just reinstalled widnows on a fresh ssd(old one was RMAd) and am now currently having issues with the sleep function that did not happen before.

With old SSD pc went into sleep mode and power button led would blink, no problems there. I could wake PC up by keyboard, mouse or power button with no issues.

Since new install however, when PC goes into sleep mode it seems all components are powered down but LED light on power button remains on, no blinking. When I try to wake up PC by any means nothing happens, only GPU led lights come on but it seems the rest of the system is off. Have to click power button which then restarts PC, while starting up it fails to boot and restarts by itself once again and only then windows will come up.

Updated BIOS to latest version, tried turning off hybrid mode on power settings but no solution.

Appreciate all the help

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Which version of the BIOS are you currently on? Which version of the OS are you working with? Does restoring all BIOS settings to default show any improvements?

May 22, 2019
Hey Lutfij, thanks for the heads up.

Specs are as follows:
CPU: Intel core i7 8700k
Motherboard: AsRock Z390m PRO4 - BIOS version 4.00(released may 15th, 2019)
Ram: Gskill Aegis 3000 DDR4
SSD/HDD: HP EX900 1tb
GPU: EVGA BLACK RTX 2080
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3, 80 Plus Gold EVGA
Chassis: NZXT S340

Restoring BIOS settings does not show any improvement at all. I reset CMOS as well but no changes in issue.

Thanks