PC not letting me login at startup?

shkaa887

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
Hi guys! Having some weird issues, any help would be appreciated!

When starting up my PC after I've turned it off for the night, I go to login and I can type in my password fine, but pressing enter doesn't do anything. I just can't get the password to submit - I don't get an "incorrect password" warning, I just can't submit the password. Even if I click the button next to the password box nothing happens, I don't even think I can click it.

If I try to reset the machine using the button in the bottom right corner, my PC totally freezes up and needs to be turned off at the power switch on the actual machine itself. Once I've done that and started up my machine with the "boot windows normally" option that comes up after I turn it back on, I can enter the password fine! It's always on the 2nd attempt at starting up that it lets me do it.

After I've logged in, sometimes my machine will totally freeze again at the desktop as stuff is loading up - but most of the time it doesn't. But again turning it off at the power button and starting up again fixes that.

I really hope my machine isn't on the way out, as it's only just a year old! Here are the specs for you;
FX8350 CPU
GTX 760
250GB SSD
1TB HDD
Corsair 750M (I think) modular PSU

Hopefully you can help,
Thanks guys!