Question PC not loading past mobo splash

jlmf

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2012
Today my PC started not loading certain games and on restart now doesn't boot past the mobo splash. I can enter bios but thats all I can access with my knowledge. After some searching I tried disconnecting all peripherals and making sure my RAM and storage devices are connected and listed in my bios, but am not sure where to go from here. Any advice is appreciated.

Today my PC started not loading certain games and on restart now doesn't boot past the mobo splash. I can enter bios but thats all I can access with my knowledge. After some searching I tried disconnecting all peripherals and making sure my RAM and storage devices are connected and listed in my bios, but am not sure where to go from here. Any advice is appreciated.
If you have a usb stick available, try this simple diagnostic: use the MS Media Creation Tool to create a Windows installation image on the usb and try booting from that. If successful you may be able to try the repair options offered before having to resort to a complete reinstallation of windows. Or you could download a linux live distro onto the usb stick and try booting from that. If successful you would be able to use its file manager to offload any essential files from your internal drive. If neither of those work then you have a hardware problem that will require more professional diagnostics.